Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Closin up the summer of 09.

School is officially starting tomorrow for both me and Jon! It will be my first time doin the whole college thing. I am really excited and super nervous! I haven't been to school school in awhile! Just gotta get back in the groove. We'll see how that goes! Another not so great thing about school starting is me and Jon won't see each other as much:( We have been together non stop this entire summer.. minus Jon's 3 hour soccer practices everyday, but I can deal with that. It will be a new adventure. We have been busy this last little bit of summer. Just trying to get every last ounce of fun we can before the lameness of school starts.

DECORATING FUN!

My mom came into town a little bit ago to help my sister with little Ava and one of the days she went out shopping with me to help me find stuff to decorate our place with. We went to a fabric store, it was a kind of fabric store that I have never been too.. It had fabric for like fancy pillows and curtains and stuff. But I found some fabrics that I liked!! We got some boards to put the fabric on and I was ready to make all the stuff.

These are the boards I made for the living room.. They help make that wall not be sooo big and tall.. Nothing looked good on that wall all our pictures and frames were too small.. I'm glad I could kinda fix the problem.
These are the ones in our bedroom. Our room was kinda boring. We put together these wooden frame things we got from IKEA (our favorite store) and wrapped the fabric over.. Our neighbor below us got mad at us for pounding nails in..oops haha! We also got a dresser which helps a lot with all our stuff! We have lots!
I also got fabric and a frame for this cork board i put together! This was my favorite thing to make! It was a lot of fun! It is now in our kitchen!

SEVEN PEAKS!

Neither of us has been to seven peaks in a long time so we decided it was a must for this summer! We had so much fun! It was a hot hot day so it was perfect for swimming! I went on one of those steep slides that I have never been on! And I found out exactly why I didn't ever want to go on them! It was scary! It makes you go so fast that the water sprays in your eyes. At least I did it though, right? It was nice to get sun and relax with my love! We had tons of fun!
Here's Jon loungin out on our tube before we went out to the slides!
Me before we went out.
On our way home from Provo, our car hit 100,000 miles so we just had to take a pic!


LAST DAY OF SUMMER:(

For the last day of summer we wanted to do something extra fun! And we sure accomplished that. We decided to go to Park City and go on the Alpine Slide there. But when we got there we got there we decided to get the whole all day thing that you can do everything as many times as you want. We were definitely glad we did that! We had so much fun!
Us goin up the lift to get to the slide.
Here's the slide from our view up top.
Goin down the slide! The worker guy at the top told me not to go and start a race while we were going down.. He said I looked like the type.. Ya right! I was so chicken! Jon had to stop a couple times to let me catch up! haha. It was a lot of fun though!
Another one of the things to do was the Alpine Coaster! This is probably the funnest thing ever! I had more fun then on a roller coaster at Lagoon! I think it was cause it felt more risky, not as safe..But it was they assured us that. It goes so fast and winds through the mountains. TONS of fun! Here is me and Jon on the way up to the top.
This is the last part of the way up. It got so steep.
After the coaster we went on the zip line.. Not as fun as the coaster but it was still fun. It goes way fast. It was nice and refreshing.
After that it was back to the coaster! We went separately this time! I was a little bit scared to go by myself.. but I still made it go just as fast:)
The nice worker took our picture!
After we finished up at the resort place, we walked down Main Street and went and ate lunch at this really good pizza & pasta place. We had such a fun day! It was a great last day of summer... Now its time for school fun! WOOHOO!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like tons of fun!!! your house looks way cute :) good luck with school today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is cute! I want to go do all that at park city. I was most excited for the zip lining but I'll take your word for it that the roller coaster is better :) Oh and as for that awesome short cut you showed us ..I steered clear of the trolley. I wasn't in no shape to be running back 10 blocks like we had to. Ha good times. I'm still shocked we did it!

    ReplyDelete